Unload trailers, weigh materials as needed, use FTIR to log & label materials, fill out Hilo checklist, load skids, gaylord, empty bins for delivery, sweep out trailers, change propane tanks on forklift, and learn materials and customers.
- 1st Shift (7:00am – 3:30pm)
- 2nd Shift (3:00pm – 11:30am)
- 3rd Shift (10pm – 6:30am)
ESSENTIAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Fill out hilo checklist at beginning of shift
- Unload trailers
- Weigh materials as needed
- Log materials on location sheet and load count sheet
- Label boxes of materials
- Put materials into inventory
- Coordinate with Materials manager when inventory space is not available
- Update end of row tags
- Load skids, load gaylords, and empty bins for delivery
- Sweep trailers
- Change empty propane tanks on Hilo
- Identify Raw Material
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge, or an Aptitude and Willingness to Learn or obtain:
- Forklift Driving/Safety certification and license (provided by Bata)
- Plastics 101 (provided by Bata)
- Plastics 103 (provided by Bata)
- Prior plastics identification experiences a plus.
- Skills and Abilities:
- Communication Skills
- Communicate effectively with employees from varied backgrounds, cultures, and experiences.
- Ability to perform in a team environment.
- Read, analyze and interpret written documentation, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to listen, comprehend, and facilitates problem resolutions.
- Verbally present information to diverse audiences and respond to questions such as lead safety talks, and participate in corrective actions.
- Build effective working relationships with others.
- Mathematical Skills
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide using whole numbers.
- Personal Qualities:
- Assures quality by producing and expecting accurate and thorough work.
- Consistently works to improve self, staff, processes and procedures.
- Demonstrates integrity by being accountable for actions, keeping commitments, and speaking honestly with others.
- Desires to meet and exceed internal and external customer expectations.
- Ability to adjust to changing conditions and situations quickly.
- Reliable to follow through with instructions..
- Dependable with minimal attendance issues.
- Reasoning Ability:
- Ability to identify problems, draw conclusions and effectively respond to problems.
- Communication Skills
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for prolong periods of time; continually use hands to finger, handle, and grab; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb, stoop and crouch; talk; and hear. The employee must lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required for this job includes the ability to visually identify product not meeting quality, OSHA or machine standards.
- Use hands to operate equipment, write, finger, handle, feel, reach with both hand and arm. Talk and hear. As needed, walk all areas of the plant from department to department. Physical demands are consistent for those found in a warehouse and production environment.
- Noise level is moderate to heavy and typical of a warehouse and production environment for the Plastics Recycling industry.
- Overtime, over 8 hours per day or 40 hours per week will be required as necessary. Including the need to work as needed on various shifts and unscheduled days.